Buhari Approves The Establishment Of 6 Federal Colleges Of Education.
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the establishment of six (6) new Federal Colleges of Education in Bauchi, Benue, Ebonyi, Edo, Osun, and Sokoto States.
The S.A to the President on New Media, Bashir Ahmad made the known via his official Twitter handle.
The Federal Ministry of Education gave the proposed locations of the institutions as follows;
- BAUCHI- JAMA’RE IN JAMA’RAE LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- BENUE – ODUGBO IN APA LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- EBONYI – ISU IN ONICHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- EDO – EKADOLOR IN OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- OSUN – IWO IN IWO LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- SOKOTO – GIDAN MADI IN TANGAZA LOCAL GOVERNMENT
A Technical team from the Federal Ministry Of Education (FME) and the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) will be visiting the benefiting sites to inspect and assess the sites in the coming weeks in preparation to for the take-off of the Colleges in October 2020, as stated by the Ministry.